Thursday 24 November 2011

Video Games and Children: A New Generation

As a university student studying psychology many people ask me 'why are you in psychology and what do you want to do with this degree?' Even if I'm not sure of the latter I do know that psychology interests me immensely.

Throughout my education I have had to write my fair share of papers and a substantial bit of research that always seemed to follow the same trend. Video games. I've researched topics from, the effect of violent video games on children's behaviour to basic positive reinforcement due to 'unlocks' in certain games. Through extensive personal experience I believe video games are more than just a new form of entertainment. The video embedded below gives a great general idea of what I am so interested in, and what I believe to be the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment